Homeschooling Programs at Dewitt Community Library
The DeWitt Community Library is committed to supporting homeschooling families in the area. We have programming designed for school-aged kids interested in exploration and learning new things. There is an open invitation for homeschooling families to meet in the library, we can provide recommendations on specific topics and would be happy to share information on homeschooling resources and learning opportunities in the DeWitt and Syracuse areas.
If you would like to add your homeschooling group to the list at the bottom of this page, or if you have any questions about Dewitt Library’s Homeschool programs, please contact:
Emily Wormuth - Children’s Librarian
Quarterly Program Offerings: Click here to Register
DCL has a monthly program during much of the school year called “Terrific Thursdays”. We meet on the third Thursday of the month at 11:00am for an eclectic selection of one-hour programs about everything and anything! Past programs have included a Library Scavenger Hunt, a program on Hobby Beekeeping, and a pancake breakfast and talk on Maple Syrup Harvesting. “Terrific Thursdays” are for students from Kindergarten through 12th grade and their parents. Registration is required.
- December 15, 2016: Wildlife in Winter with the Great Swamp Conservancy
- January 19, 2017: Surprise Tower Build with sculptor Pam Steele
- February 16, 2017: Educational and Fun Board Games
- March 16, 2017: Maple Syrup: How it Gets from the Trees onto Pancakes with Beaver Lake Nature Center
- Ask a Children’s Librarian – Email or call us with questions or requests for children’s materials or children’s programs
- Schedule a Special Library Visit – Are you looking for something to do with your preschool group or elementary class? With advance notice, a librarian can provide a special storytime for your group, a library tour, or help your students with library searching and research skills.
- Outreach – If you can’t come to the library, we can come to you! With advance notice, a librarian can visit your school or group and provide a special storytime or program.
- Discovery To Go Collection - A collection of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math activity kits for children to engage more fully with learning.
Local Homeschool Groups:
|East Side Homeschool Cooperative||eastsideco-op.org|
|Home Learners Association of CNY||www.hlacny.com|
|Homeschool in CNY: Syracuse LEAH
(Loving Education at Home)
|Skaneateles - Camillus - Marcellus LEAH||scmleah.blogspot.com|