Electronic Devices Lending Services
The DeWitt Community Library now offers a variety of devices to checkout. Check out a Black & White Nook, a Nook Simple Touch, Amazon Kindle, Kindle Fire HD, or our Color Nook, for 3 weeks. You can also checkout our iPad 2 for a 1 week loan period and give it a testdrive.
To check out a device:
- You must be 18 years of age or older, and present a valid Dewitt Library Card along with a form of Photo Id. You must have less than $15.00 in fees/fines on your library card as well as no long-overdue items.
- The iPad 2 may be borrowed for a non-renewable one week loan period
- The Nook Color, Kindle Fire HD, and b&w e-readers may be borrowed for a non-renewable three-week loan period.
- Only the card holder may borrow the iPad 2, Nook Color, or e-readers (no loan for relatives, friends or others)
- The iPad 2 and Color Nook must be returned to the Information desk. They should not be returned to the Circulation Desk or put in a book drop.
- The black & white e-readers must be returned in person to the DCL Circulation Desk after use.
- You may not return the devices to other libraries or in a book drop.
- Overdue fines are $1.00 per day and there is no grace period.
- You may not download personal information onto the Library’s electronic devices; they will be reset and any content added or created during the loan period will be lost when the item is returned.
- Intentional vandalism or modification of e-reader settings may result in suspension of Library privileges.
- Violations of the above policy will result in suspension of electronic device privileges.
- DCL E-Reader FAQ