Wendy Scott - Executive Director
Luke Connor - Assistant Director for Patron Services
Erin Cassidy - Assistant Director for Technology
Max Ruckdeschel - President
Nina Brown - Co-Vice President
Douglas Arena - Co-Vice President
Carl Austin - Treasurer
Barbara MacDonald - Secretary
Meetings are held at 5:30 pm at the Library.
The Annual Meeting of the Board of Trustees is held in February.
Public Comment Policy
Document Portal for DCLA Board of Trustees
Mary Kelly, President
Valerie Gigliotti, Vice President
Karen Hicks, Treasurer
Laura Feldman, Recording Secretary
Pavlina Ivanova, Corresponding Secretary
The Friends of the Library meet on the 3rd Wednesday of the Month in the Community Meeting Room at 3:30 unless otherwise indicated.
The Annual Meeting of the Friends of the Library will be held on Wednesday, January 17 at 3:30pm. A report of 2017 activities will be followed by voting on new Officers as well as new Board Members.
Honor a friend or commemorate a special occasion with a tribute card.
Your past contributions have been invaluable in helping the Friends support the Community Library of DeWitt & JamesVille. We hope you will continue to support our efforts to raise the visibility of our Library and to help ensure it gets the resources it needs to serve our community.
Join The Friends!
DCL Friends Bylaws
You will need a valid ID as well as proof of your current address to get a library card. Usually, a current Driver's License will be acceptable. Stop by the library to fill out an application and pick up your card.
The Community Library of DeWitt & Jamesville is currently NOT accepting donations of books and other materials.
Please check back on: Monday, June 18, 2018.
Please Note: DVDs, Blu-rays & Video Games are always accepted.
REVISED Position Description: Technology and Customer Service Assistant (Part-Time)
The Community Library of DeWitt & Jamesville is seeking a Technology and Customer Service Assistant for front-line customer service and technology support. This is a user support position, responsible for responding to user needs through interaction with the public and library staff. Applicants must be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
• Part-time (22 hours per week)
• Generous benefits package
• Available immediately
• Provides customer service support, including, but not limited to basic circulation transactions, registering patrons for library cards, and providing information to the public on circulation rules, policies, and procedures.
• Performs other circulation assistant functions, including but not limited to: Library opening and closing procedures, checking in and sorting Library materials for shelving, and searching the public catalog and placing holds for patrons.
• Under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Technology, provides excellent customer service for patrons by answering routine questions regarding the Library’s computers, software, and digital collections. Assists patrons and staff in use of Library technology, including use of equipment for scanning, printing, and copying services; refers patrons to community services that the library does not offer.
• Helps patrons and staff with hardware or software problems encountered in the Library.
• Assists the Assistant Director for Technology with maintaining technology systems in the library and monitoring technology use in the Library.
• Responsible for assuring high patron satisfaction in keeping with departmental and Library policy.
• Attends meetings, in-house training and external workshops relevant to job functions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Preferred – Associates Degree or two years of college and at least 1 year experience in a Help Desk/Public Service Desk/User support of operations in a library or Information Services environment; and demonstrated strong public service orientation; tact, courtesy, and patience in dealing with staff and public.
• Good knowledge of operating systems and software application including Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Current Apple OS, Current Android OS, Windows 7, Windows 10, Antivirus programs, Microsoft Office. Ability to utilize and adapt to changing technologies.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and work as part of a team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions with consistent follow-up.
• Experience with EnvisionWare or similar session control software used in libraries.
• Experience with PrinterOn or similar mobile printing software.
• Expertise with all aspects of the patron use of OverDrive and Hoopla digital collections.
• Knowledge of Library filing and shelving rules.
• Physical condition commensurate with demands of the position.
Physical Activity Requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the Librarian Assistant stands, reaches with arms; uses hands, fingers, sight, hearing, and verbal communication; bends, stoops, kneels; lifts and carries materials weighing less than 20 pounds; lifts, moves, and/or manipulates bulky items and/or crates of materials weighing up to 50 pounds; and pushes/pulls/maneuvers a wheeled book cart weighing up to 200 pounds when fully loaded. Job duties may occasionally require standing for extended periods of time.
Hourly Rate: $11.50
Send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description: Administrative Assistant
The Community Library of DeWitt & Jamesville is seeking a detail oriented person to fill the position of Administrative Assistant. This is a part-time, 12 hour per week position that will provide support to the Management team.
• Draft and prepare correspondence
• File documents
• Maintain Library volunteer documentation
• Update/maintain donor database, and other mailing lists
• Communicate with vendors and other business contacts; schedule appointments with vendors as needed
• Assist Business Manager to prepare for end of month close
• Research and order supplies, maintain inventory
• Special projects and assistance with events
• Minimum of 2 years of college or equivalent, and
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional office environment (library office or non-profit organization preferred)
Hourly Rate: $12.00
Apply: Send a resume to Brian Barney at email@example.com
The Okyeame Dankwa Memorial Community Library is located in Worawora, near the eastern border of Ghana in the Volta Region. The Community Library of DeWitt & Jamesville is honored to have a sister library in Africa. The staff of each library has been exchanging books and the staff of the CLD&J looks forward to doing cross-cultural programming and displays that raise awareness of life in the town of Worawora.
Services limited 15 minutes before closing